Friday 25 May 2012

Currently Reading: Uglies (spoilers with warnings)

Well it all started off so well, the world building was excellent and as this is only my second dystopian novel I was wondering if it would hold up as well as the Panem of the Hunger Games did.

But it's heading downhill, it's starting to become unbelievable, not technologically, but just with regards to a major plot point...

HERE BE SPOILERS


I don't believe that the powers that be would just let Tally go off on her own without any contact from them at all during her journey, if she is the closest they've ever got to finding 'The Smoke' then surely they'd want to keep an eye on her, send someone with her.
And everything just seemed to be too easy, maybe this comes from the harshness of the Hunger Games and I was expecting similar fare and I suppose it is a YA novel, but it just seems all very predictable and easy going so far. We'll see how it turns out.



I'm going to stick with it and get to the end, but the way things are going at the moment I'm not sure I'll be reading any of the sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment