Wednesday 21 November 2012

STARTED and already FINISHED: Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

So, I started and finished a book before I even posted about it on here, this is mostly because I spent the weekend at DB's house and he doesn't have internet, and also I travel 5 hours each way by train to get there. Plenty of reading time!

So I tried to read this book about four years ago when the Swedish film adaptation came out (which is pretty much perfection by the way, ignore the english language remake) and it was too dark for me, too complex I think, but I figured I should give it another try. I really really enjoyed it.

There was far more going on in the book than in the film, far more characters with complex relationships, and it felt like just the right amount. The story wasn't just VAMPIRE, it was politics and relationships and childhood and loss all bundled into one beautiful, if not disturbing at times, package.

I'm very impressed but I don't want to spoil the book or the film for anyone so I'll stop here. But it was great, and I really enjoyed reading it.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment