Wednesday 10 October 2012

Stuck in a bit of a rut...

So.. I finished The Casual Vacancy and now I can't settle on anything to read. This is exactly what happened after I finished The Book Thief.

I finished Elmify's 'Fools Paradise' which was entertaining considering she wrote it in high school and I liked it a lot, but I couldn't really think of anything to say about it other than "this was fun and cute and not badly written considering".

I started 'Hungry, the Stars and Everything' and hated it. Hated it from the first page. And I don't even know why. It wasn't badly written, it's just, I read the first two chapters and had no empathy with the main character at all. It wasn't even that I disliked her, I just had no interest. So I gave up. It's a while since I've done that with a book.

I've halfheartedly started "The Stars' Tennis Balls' by Stephen Fry but I don't really want to carry it to London with me (my suitcase is already full of seminar reading) so I want to read something on my kindle. I think this new year of university has included so much reading that the last thing I want to do when I come home is look at more words. But I have to stop feeling like that, otherwise I'll just not pick up books and I miss reading when I'm not doing it.

I'll find something, I'm sure. But if any of you have any ideas, feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment