Saturday 9 June 2012

Currently Reading: The Boof Thief (no spoilers) + update and apology

Sorry I've been away for so long! What with moving back home after year 1 of university and then visiting DB at the other side of the country I've had a lot of time to read but not a lot of time to blog.

I'm 55% of the way through The Book Thief and I love it so far, I picked it up thinking it was a book for children but I'm not so sure any more. The main character is easily identifiable and really rather sweet, her parents at odds with each other but muddling through and the secret in the basement seems to offer some promise at a story arc.

I am adoring this book, the way it is narrated and the way not a lot seems to happen other than daytime monotony set against the backdrop of Nazi Germany I remember from being taught it at age 11 onwards.

Loving it so far, will keep pushing through it and should have it finished within the next week hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment